It looks like there a lot of options out there for a projector screen. I did some research but it seems I still need some help to narrow down my options.
Let me describe my situation and some of my requirements.
- I have a dedicated home theater room that has dark gray walls and roof
- The room has no windows and is light controlled
- I will be getting a JVC NX5 projector which has very good dark levels and is native 4K
- I have 3 seats that are about 10' away from the viewing screen
- looking for 2.35:1 cinemascope screen
- Size should be no more then 125"
- My budget for the screen is less then $800 CDN (not USD)
- Want a screen to match projector performance and room conditions so I think the gain I'm looking for is 1.0 (I think?)
- I would prefer to get a screen that provides a wall mount that has the ability to slide (need it to slide about 25"). I am very handy and can build my own frame but after building my entire basement single handed I want a break
, so willing to spend money not to DIY. However if I can build a very high quality screen for a small fraction I could convince myself to DIY