Thanks for the info... Here is the sad part of how I got here:
1. Used the Projector w/o issue for 7 years
2. Banding/Striping issue started, on far left and only after runing for hours at first.
3. After over 3,000 hrs on a 2,000 hr lamp (seemed OK), bought a new lamp, thinking this would help.
4. Realizing the lamp was not the fix, spoke to Visual Apex Tech (should have done this before lamp) - recommended checking internal connections.
5. Carefully removed case, mainboard, cleaned and reseated connections - issue persisted.
6. Remembered the Tech mentioned some projectors have a Reset within the Menu - went through all Menu items. This is when I found that the defect only occurs when in Ceiling Mode.
So I have a Brand New Panasonic lamp (60 hrs now) in my old projector... I may try to build some kind of mount or mirror that allows me to keep it on the ceiling while in Rear or Desk mode while I decide on the replacement.
I do like your idea of seeing if Panasonic would at least give me a repair quote.
Anyway, thank you for your comments.